Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Shapeshifter" b. J.F. Gonzalez

Shapeshifter Shapeshifter by J.F. Gonzalez


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
Of the many werewolf books that I have read, I have to say that the werewolf in this book is about as Omega as they come. Definitely, not the Alpha male type. The book was okay, but after reading Garton's "Ravenous" I was expecting something a bit more lethal and less cowering. There is the same lack of information though. Gonzalez introduces the main character as being a werewolf from the start, but he never explains how he got that way, which make the ending more than a bit curious. Filled with melodrama and a villain too petty to be believed, the books truly shinning scary moment came within the final pages. One word describes it best: comeuppance. Outside of that however, the rest of the book leans more heavily towards thriller than horror, but then I am really demanding with werewolf books. Also, I like my horror with a little less sap. I want a ratcheted pulse, not a tissue after reading.


View all my reviews.

No comments: