Friday, January 23, 2009

Series or Trilogy...All that I don't know...


There are smart writers who know the ins and outs of grammar, mechanics, word usage, tense and perspective, style and various other literary terms. Then there are story tellers. Unfortunately, I belong to the category of story tellers. Yes, I was an English major and did exceedingly well but only in the analyzing and debating of great works and the rambling, passionate composition of my essays...which always got graded down due to my complete stupidity in the aforementioned categories. Therefore, at no time ever will you read me complaining about how poorly a novel was written, edited or anything about the perspective and/or . (although James Joyce...)

Anyway, that drunken broad aka my muse, came to me this morning with an idea for the sequel of "A Guardian's Desire." (Which I am extremely grateful for, Ms. Caffiena!) After about two months of worrying and trying to recall the difference between a series and a trilogy--I had to look up the definitions of both--I have decided that "A Guardian's Passion" will maybe/definitely be...the second in a series. I want more of Freya and so do a lot of the readers, or so they have said, but then I also want to tell more than just her story...okay, i don't, I just want to write more battle scenes & sex scenes involving Freya and her boys but I think it will add a powerful edge to broaden the universe... That and I am no Tolkien or Lewis....

We shall see. I am wondering if there is a term for something in between a series and a trilogy? Yup, its back to the Literary Dictionary for me...Uggh

No comments: