Monday, December 1, 2008

Outsourcing and Multitasking


Its been a busy week...Was there really a holiday? I don't know, but I do know that I made the right decision when I decided to hand over my website design and maintance to a professional. Rather than spending hours looking through and fixing codes, I have more time for the other aspects of my writing business, like promo.
I recently joined Bookworm Bags a promo based group and have been not only mailing out promo materials like mad, but I am also gearing up for a new contest, which requires locating prizes, crafting up a few prizes and ordering materials. If I could just outsource promotional responsibilites I would be in heaven.
I realize that if I want my little business (and if you're a writer, your pen name is your business) to grow then I am going to have to put in the work. Things that can be outsourced like websites, taxes, Vistaprint (because yes you can make your own postcards at home, but why) and Cafe Press, should be. I mean, one still has to make deadlines, submit new work, edit and revise, right? Then of course there's the sales figure and reciept for expendature tracking, conference planning and public assistant help that comes into play...Well, suffice it to say that I know NO writers who just write. So with that said, I don't feel so bad about the outsourcing.
Anyw...any suggestions and comments for are highly appreciated.

No comments: