Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ice Station b. Matthew Reilly


I learned many things from this book, namely various types of handgrenades and their yields, about the true nature of killer whales, about the horrible unstability of real estate on Antartica and (my fav) how to evade and disble opponents hunting for me with night-vision googles on.
Nope it wasn't the most prolific book I've ever read, but it was damn near the most action-packed. Now a self-professed lover of Matt Reilly and his 'nothing is impossible' scenarios, I have come to embrace Shane "Scarecrow" Schofield as the baddest badass on Earth. I mean McGuyver, Jack Ryan, Jason Bourne, James Bond and Lara Croft COMBINED could beat this guy.
While I enjoyed learning heaps (of probably untrue) background on the many special ops units of the world, and the conspiracy theory (maybe not) of infiltrators in general, I won't say that that this was anything but what it sets out to be...A KICK ASS Action Thriller that will have your heart racing at 60+ mph!!

No comments: