Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Valor's Trial" b. Tanya Huff

Valor's Trial (Confederation, Book 4) Valor's Trial by Tanya Huff


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
While this book blew me away, it's more like standing in the wave of a nuclear blast and watching everything blow away and I'm still standing by some unnatural stroke of luck. This book, which could be the last piece of the Confederation novels, isn't the weakest one but its not the strongest either. I am very much a fan of Book 1 & 2, but it was vital that for me to finish the whole series. Gunnery Sergeant Kerr is still badass, however and her feats in this book catapult her to legendary status. Trapped in an underground prison, odds stacked way high and with faltering morale, Torin Kerr has to overcome some serious hurdles for her freedom and the freedom of her fellow marines.



Once again, Tanya Huff writes some amazingly endearing characters, and once again she deals some heavy, death scenes...In a sentence or two at times...but with no less punch.



While the book comes to a decent end, I hope that Tanya Huff uses this universe again at some point. Her world-building and character development are so rich, that they are a joy to experience.


View all my reviews.

No comments: