Thursday, May 21, 2009

"A Confederation of Valor" b. Tanya Huff

A Confederation of Valor (Ominbus: Valor's Choice / The Better Part of Valor) A Confederation of Valor by Tanya Huff


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
If I had a daughter, I would press this book into her hands so that she could truly see that women can be badasses and leaders just as sure as any male! Staff Sergeant Torin Kerr is a beast! She's a Marine through and through. Tanya Huff portrays the 'Leave No One Behind' soldier as a profound leader in the face of truly horrific circumstances. "A Confederation of Valor" is actually two novels in one: "Valor's Choice" and "The Better Part of Valor." While the first book is more emotionally wracking, both books carry Ms. Huff's talent for witty conversation, military and scientific jargon and claustrophobic chaotic action. These books are definitely not romantic and far from chick lit! Pure hardcore action with a colorful array of aliens, the most profound being the every horny Di'Taykan and the mysteriously absent but always discussed H'san. As I reach for the 3rd book in the series, I am so glad that I picked up this recommendation from a friend. Kerr is as much if not more of a badass than Ripley from the "Aliens" series and the villains are only slightly less vicious and I luv it!


View all my reviews.

No comments: