Friday, April 24, 2009

Castaways b. Brian Keene

Castaways (Leisure Fiction) Castaways by Brian Keene



My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
First off I have to say that that this book was wildly entertaining. It was the perfect horror, beach-read for my vacation on a tropical island. The story is based around contestant on a reality-based show that strongly resembles ‘Survivor.’ Left with a television crew and meager supplies, they are at first consumed by competing in the show’s challenges and for alliances with other contestants. Such paltry concerns are quickly laid aside however, once the supposedly uninhabited island reveals its secret. There are monsters on the island, and they not only love to eat human...they also like to mate with them.



Now I will admit that although I have a strong stomach, there were scenes in this book that made me nauseous but it was an good, swift read with plenty of comeuppance and suspense. This book gets a 4 out of 5 from me.






View all my reviews.

No comments: