Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Old Man's War" b. John Scalzi

Old Man's War (Book 1) Old Man's War by John Scalzi


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I am really enjoyed this book. Currently on a sci-fi kick, I was referred to this gem of a series by a friend. I must say that coming off the Huff "Confederation" series, kinda tainted my awe of the features of this piece but that Scalzi's sense of humor and respect for mortality really made it stand apart. I liked the idea of senior citizens being chosen for intergalactic battle and most of all, the first half of the book is simply phenomenal. The speculation, the hope and the anguish of a man who has lived his life through and who is about to start another, is a gripping moment to focus on and I really look forward to starting the second in the series "The Ghost Brigades" soon. Aliens, war, technology and new worlds abound, but throughout, John Perry the main character proves why the experience of an Old Man is just what the human race needs.


View all my reviews.

No comments: